Finds of the Month Contest Rules
To encourage the membership to bring their finds to show at the club meetings, the club will sponsor a find of the month contest. All members are urged to enter their finds in the interest of fair play, honesty, and good fellowship. Please abide by the following rules.
1) To enter any item(s) in the Finds of the Month you must be a member of SIHH and club dues must be current for the year.
2) The Item’s entered must be found in the time in-between the previous meeting and the current meeting.
3) Only one item per member for each of the categories will qualify.
4) Finds placed in Finds of the Months can only be used once.
5) Finds from a Seeded or Planted Hunt cannot be used for Finds of the Month.
6) Any item in any category may be removed by the Finds Coordinator and one other Officer at their discretion if the item does not comply with the Finds of the Month rules.
7) You must be present at the club meetings to submit your findings for the Finds of the Month.
8) Voting to decide winners will be conducted by a show of hands. You may only vote once for each category. The Sergeant At Arms / Vice President will tally votes. In case of a two-way tie, a coin will be flipped.
EYE-BALL Category:Anything found on the ground not necessarily in the process of metal detecting. For example, if you found something in a parking lot or on the ground somewhere even when you are not metal detecting, it can qualify to be placed in this category. Not a purchase.